Date:      Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:28:13 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Jerry McAllister <jerrymc@clunix.cl.msu.edu>, Pablo Ruggia <pruggia@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Freebsd 6.0 Release Time

--nextPart1406886.LG1lVCIL12

Am Montag, 22. August 2005 23:09 CEST schrieb Jerry McAllister:
> > Hi !!
> > Sorry if this question was made previously. I'm installing like ten
> > freebsd terminals in two weeks. But i don't know when freebsd 6.0 will
> > become stable. I've seen the schedule, it says agoust 18, but it's not
> > ready yet. Does anybody know if there was a reschedule ?
>
> I notice today that several parts of the schedule have been remarked
> as August and the announce date has been changed to TBA.    So, yup

What's TBA?

But I'd like to advise Pablo to go with 6.0-RC, or even with BETA3 if=20
neccessarry, tracking a stable or RELEASE branch in FreeBSD is very easy=20
and worth the building mechanisms, especially if you have 10 similar=20
machines to maintain. You have a very convenient way to keep security=20
risks minimalised and in almost any environment you'll benefit from the=20
RELENG_6 performance and hardware enhancements.

Best regards,

=2DHarry