Date:      Mon, 17 Dec 2012 17:22:50 -0500 (EST)
From:      Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
To:        Zaphod Beeblebrox <zbeeble@gmail.com>
Cc:        Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl>, Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: iSCSI vs. SMB with ZFS.

Zaphod Beeblebrox wrote:
> Does windows 7 support nfs v4, then? Is it expected (ie: is it
> worthwhile
> trying) that nfsv4 would perform at a similar speed to iSCSI? It would
> seem that this at least requires active directory (or this user name
> mapping ... which I remember being hard).

As far as I know, there is no NFSv4 in Windows. I only made the comment
(which I admit was a bit off topic), because the previous post had stated
 "SMB or NFS, they're the same" or something like that.)

There was work on an NFSv4 client for Windows being done by CITI at the
Univ. of Michigan funded by Microsoft research, but I have no idea if it
was ever released.

rick