Date:      Thu, 17 Aug 2000 13:58:46 -0400
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@targetnet.com>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Overhead of VLAN tagging ?

Has anyone done any performance tests to determine if VLAN tagging adds any
overhead to network applications ?  I presume that the extra bytes are added
at the same time at the ethernet header, so overhead should be minimal if
any.  Still, if this has been properly tested and figures are available, I'd
appreciate a pointer.

Thanks.

--
j.

James FitzGibbon                                           james@targetnet.com
Targetnet.com Inc.                              Voice/Fax +1 416 306-0466/0452