Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 2000 15:04:45 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Diekhans <markd@Kermodei.com>
To:        Ron Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Ricochet Setup

Ron 'The InSaNe One' Rosson <insane@lunatic.oneinsane.net> writes:
> Has anyone had the pleasure of playing with the Ricoshet modes either
> via the serial port or the USB port under FreeBSD. If so was there
> anything special you had todo.
>
> Reason for asking I might get to demo one and I can get more info out of
> it if I can use it under FreeBSD instead of Windows.

I have used a Ricochet for years with FreeBSD on a serial port and it works
great.  Encosed is the ppp.conf entry I use.  However, I just got a notebook
without a built-in serial port (its on the port expander), so the old Ricochet
is no longer useful.  To my knowledge, the USB ones are not generally
available yet, so it would be good to hear how well it works.

ricochet:
    set device /dev/cuaa0
    set speed 38400
    add default HISADDR