Date:      Mon, 24 Jan 2005 08:55:54 +0100
From:      dick hoogendijk <dick@nagual.st>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ipf ipnat ftp question

I want ftp services to and from the internet for my gateway and my lan
machines. I read the handbook but still have some questions. As I
understand I have to put two lines into my ipf.rules whe I use the IPNAT
built in ftp proxy.

#pass out quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 21 flags S keep state
# Allow in non-secure FTP ( both passive & active modes)
#pass in quick on rl0 proto tcp from any to any port = 21 flags S keep state

But I don't understand the proxy rules ;-( !!
What happens with the /29 thing? ??? Why isn't it /24 ??

Please give me some hints on this.

########################
### ip.nat.rules
#######################

# This rule will handle all the traffic for the internal LAN:
# map rl0 192.168.11.0/29 -> 0/32 proxy port 21 ftp/tcp

# This rule handles the FTP traffic from the gateway.
# map rl0 0.0.0.0/0 -> 0/32 proxy port 21 ftp/tcp

# This rule handles all non-FTP traffic from the internal LAN.
# map rl0 192.168.11.0/29 -> 0/32
# Only one filter rule is needed for FTP if the NAT FTP proxy is used.

--
dick -- http://www.nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 4.10 ++ Debian GNU/Linux (Woody)