Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 05:22:55 +1100
From:      Kal Torak <kaltorak@quake.com.au>
To:        FreeBSD-stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   new kernel build method?

Hiyas,

Just hoping I can get something clarified..
I saw in a post to this list a few days back about how were not
*supposed* to compile kernels using the old method in the latest
stable, at least I think it was this list...

But what is the old method? Is the old method doing:
cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
/usr/bin/config KERNEL-NAME
cd ../../compile/KERNEL-NAME
make dep
make
make install

Are we meant to be doing it from /usr/src using:
make buildkernel KERNEL=KERNEL-NAME
make installkernel KERNEL=KERNEL-NAME

Or a totally different way, that post has got me totally confused
now :(
I thought that was just for upgrading since the new world hadn't
installed yet using the other way wouldn't work...

Thanks...
Kal.