Date:      Mon, 31 Mar 2003 11:26:33 -0800
From:      Victor Bondarenko <vpb@indite.org>
To:        Moti Levy <moti@flncs.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bind9

On Mon, Mar 31, 2003 at 02:12:23PM -0500, Moti Levy wrote:
> http://ezine.daemonnews.org/200303/bind9.html
> the title is :
> Replacing FreeBSD Base System's BIND with BIND 9

I'm not sure if article mentions this, but if you replace your base
system bind8 with bind9, you may want to set "NO_BIND=true" in your
/etc/make.conf.  If you don't do this, there's a chance that your next
cvsup/buildworld could clobber your bind9 installation.

Personally I used "./configure --prefix=..." for my bind9 installations
and put bind9 into its own subdir.

Victor

--
vpb@indite.org