Date:      Sat, 1 Dec 2001 14:31:10 -0800 (PST)
From:      Galen Sampson <galen_sampson@yahoo.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Fatal Double Fault

Hello all,

I was in X today and the computer spontaneously restarted so I didn't see and
panic.  After a restart fsck started in the background (I'm using soft updates
on all of my filesystems).  While trying to determing what caused the crash by
looking in the system logs the computer crashed again.

The message on the console was:
<<start
Fatal double panic:
eip = 0xc02c0a98
esp = 0xcae5d000
ebp = 0xcae5d030
panic: double fault
syncing disks
<<end

I'm using kernel source from 11/12/01.  If someone can tell me how to find
better information about a crash or would like configuration information I'll
be glad to provide all I can.

regards,

Galen