Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 15:10:59 +0900 (JST)
From:      Michael Hancock <michaelh@cet.co.jp>
To:        dyson@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>, hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ISDN Recommendations Requested...

On Sat, 10 Aug 1996, John S. Dyson wrote:

> > 	I figure I have two choices, one is an ISDN modem, one is an
> > ISDN card.
> >
> How's about a router (like an Ascend Pipeline-50 or equiv?)  They are
> a little more expensive though.   We use Pipeline-50's, pipeline-25's
> at work (also Cisco 2500 and Ascend Max 4000, but those are too big
> for your app.)

The BISDN stuff is for a TELES card that seems to only support the German
and maybe other European tel comm interfaces.

DigiBoard has some basic rate cards, but it looks like they only support
Win31/95/NT.  They're also working on a Primary rate cards.  I've got to
evaluate a BRI card for about a month connecting a PC at home to an WinNT
RAS box in the office.  The 128k connections were nice even under Windoze.

They have a couple of developers at DigiBoard that hacking BSD/OS code for
the async stuff.  I don't know if we will see ISDN stuff for BSD*, I guess
there's not enough demand.

Regards,

Mike Hancock