Date:      Mon, 14 Nov 2005 13:15:14 -0500
From:      "Dave" <dmehler26@woh.rr.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: ntp handling in 6.0

Hello,
    Thanks for your reply. My server box does indeed have ntpd running i
confirmed it with ps -aux and it does have a pf firewall. The rules are:

# allow UDP requests to port 123 from firewall to exit ext_if_if
# in order to contact internet ntp servers
# (keep state on this connection)
pass out quick on $ext_if inet proto { tcp, udp} from $ext_if to any port
123 keep state

# allow UDP requests to ports 67, 68, and 123 from # in order to perform
dhcp and ntp queries on the firewall
# ( Keep state on this connection)
pass in quick on $int_if inet proto { tcp,udp } from $int_net to $int_if
port { 67, 68, 123 } keep state

and ntpdc shows me a prompt.
Hope this helps.
Dave.