Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 2010 22:27:32 -0500
From:      Chris Brennan <xaero@xaerolimit.net>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   fetching mail (but not fetchmail)

Bit of an odd question. But I will try. Is it possible to set up some
mechanism (in freebsd or maybe gentoo (doesn't matter to me)) to pop/imap
into my mail location and download everything as storage and then I imap to
my local machine to read my mail. I realize I can pop/imap directly into my
mail, the goal of this exorcise is to store my mail on one of my local
servers and not my windows machine which can change at a moment's notice. (I
just don't like the idea of permanent/long-term storage in Windows :/ )

C-