Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 2003 22:28:07 +0100 (Westeuropäische Normalzeit)
From:      "Alexander Matthaei" <Alex@Matthaei.org>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   installation problems

--------------Boundary-00=_VMNJG6G0000000000000

Hello,=0D
I don=B4t know if this is the right adress for this,=0D
but I hope that you can help me.=0D
I=B4m a windows user and I just wanted to check other possibilities, so I
downloaded and installed Linux.=0D
After a while I wanted to try the other systems, so I downloaded freebsd.=
=0D
I still got windows, but BSD has its own partition.=0D
BSD works, but the problem is that I can=B4t install many programs, like =
KDE
or Gnome.=0D
Also, the X window server doesn=B4t work proper. =0D
I think the configuration is right, because Linux had no problems with it=
=2E=0D
If you need more information about my PC, here you are:=0D
Pentium 4 (2000mhz)=0D
Nvidia geforce4MX 460=0D
256MB DDR ram=0D
I don=B4t know if this was necessary, but why not?=0D
Please help me.=0D
=0D
Alexander Matthaei=0D
=0D
p.s. Please excuse my english. I=B4m from germany and really not good at
english.=0D
=20
--------------Boundary-00=_VMNJG6G0000000000000--