Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:58:56 -0700
From:      "Ronald F. Guilmette" <rfg@monkeys.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Stupid file system tricks.

Dumb question #1:

   Why can't I mount a single physical (ufs) file system in two different
   (logical) places at once?

Dumb question #2:

   Given that I can't mount a (ufs) filesystem in two different places at
   once (perhaps because that would create some problem with synchronizing
   any writes to the filesystem and/or some problems with keeping in-core
   buffers always synched with what's on disk), why can't I at least mount
   a given filesystem *READ ONLY* in two different places at once?

I tried it both ways, and either way, I just get:

	mount Device busy

P.S.  Please don't tell me to just use symlinks.  Unless I'm mistaken, those
may not work right if they point to a place outside of the specific directory
tree that you have jsut chroot'ed to.