Date:      Sat, 07 Aug 1999 13:13:08 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: New ports added/updated last two weeks

At 07:03 PM 8/7/99 +0200, Jeroen Ruigrok/Asmodai wrote:
>* Alex Perel (veers@disturbed.net) [990807 18:33]:
>>  came to my mind - has there been any consideration to
>> throwing this type of message onto -announce periodically, much like NetBSD
>> is doing?
>
>Well, I have to say that both Gerald Hicks and me are also for that idea.
>
>Dunno what others think?

Not for or against, but those that *could* benefit are those most likely to
ask before looking anyways and those that know better. <shrug>

If you cvsup ports periodically and keep the output, then you know what has
been changed and can look for ports that you install.  Surely anyone that
bothers to track stable (or current) *should* (ahem!), also track CVS.

Another group are those that may wish to help out, but then they would
already be tracking the lists.

Should the "added/updated" list for ports be also on announce, then what
about the "current problem reports" for bugs as well.  Might as well be
thorough.

my .02

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator