Date:      Mon, 18 Dec 2000 11:18:41 -0500
From:      "Matthew Emmerton" <matt@gsicomp.on.ca>
To:        <jpersinger@greenmachine.net>, <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: an account that gives me an error

Rule #1:  Don't post in HTML.

> I have an account called 'routerboy' set up on my FreeBSD machine,
> and while I can send emails internal fine, I get the below error message
> when sending out:

> "The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'routerboy309@hotmail.com'.
> Subject 'test again', Account: 'green002.greenmachine.net', Server:
> 'green002.greenmachine.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '550 5.7.1
> <routerboy309@hotmail.com>... Relaying denied', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Server Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79"

> Any ideas...?????

Obviously you're sending mail from a Windows machine through the FreeBSD
machine to the Internet.  There are many things that could cause a "relaying
denied" message to appear, most of which which relate to the configuration
of sendmail.

I would suggest looking at http://www.sendmail.org to see what they
recommend.

--