Date:      Sat, 20 May 1995 11:09:06 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mike Pritchard <pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   kernel database files

Due to the way I name my kernels (kernel.MMDD, linked to /kernel),
whenever I boot a new kernel for testing before linking it to
/kernel, I wind up with a new kernel database file in /var/db.
Booting a lot of different kernels can cause your root file system to
start filling up, since these files are 300K+ in size.  How about if
we add something like this to /etc/daily or weekly:

echo ""
echo "Cleaning up kernel database files:"
find /var/db -name "kvm_*.db" -a -atime +7 -exec rm -f -- {} \;
kvm_mkdb
--
Mike Pritchard
pritc003@maroon.tc.umn.edu