Date:      Mon, 23 Nov 1998 22:27:44 -0500
From:      "Jerry Bell" <jerrybell@ili.net>
To:        "Greg Lehey" <grog@lemis.com>, "Julian A. Zottl" <zottl@pluto.ee.cua.edu>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low

I've been seeing this on by box at home several times with 3.0, supped
within the last week or two.  I am not running httpd, just popper, telnetd
and ftpd, but I have noticed that it only seems to crop up when I'm trying
to make world.  I only have 80MB of swap, with 128MB of ram, so it is
feasible that my box is running out of swap space. (Since I'm doing a -j
20)
And, your right, killing inetd does work to fix the problem in the interim.

Jerry

----------
> From: Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
> To: Julian A. Zottl <zottl@pluto.ee.cua.edu>
> Cc: questions@FreeBSD.ORG; freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG; Hoon
<hoon@pluto.ee.cua.edu>
> Subject: Re: inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low
> Date: Monday, November 23, 1998 9:21 PM
>
> On Monday, 23 November 1998 at 20:57:01 -0500, Julian A. Zottl wrote:
> >>
> >> A thought about your configuration: do you start httpd from inetd?
> >
> > The computer is used only as a web server.  Our actual users are on
> > different servers (1 OSF Alpha, 2 RedHat and an old DEC Ultrix).  There
> > are ~15 accounts on the server.  The web server gets ~300 hits/day.
One