Date:      Sun, 1 Sep 1996 17:57:20 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Brandon Gillespie <brandon@tombstone.sunrem.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Boot Freeze after fsck..

I'm in the process of upgrading from a DELL 486 to a p150 on a tritonII
motherboard.  It is SCSI based booting from an IDE drive and serving two
SCSI disks through an adapted 1540 controller.  I pull the ram/disks over
to the pentium system and boot, everything _seems_ fine except for it
just STOPS after fsck reports fragmentation etc on all of the disks.
Usually at this point it would do ifconfig, fire up the net and go
through the rest of its boot.  I just pulled everything from the pentium
system, plugged it into the 486 system and it works fine, completely
boots as it should (!?!).

On the pentium system I can boot to a shell (-s), manually run fsck on
the disks and mount them, I can fire up the network by hand and it works,
everything SEEMINGLY should work, but it still halts after fsck.

Help?

Needless to say, Frustrated;

 -Brandon