Date:      Wed, 12 Jun 1996 10:02:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Craig Huckabee <huck@mispwoso.nosc.mil>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Compaq Prosignia problems

Hello everyone,

	I'm sending this question along for a friend who isn't net
	connected yet :

	Machine :

	Comapq Prosignia (EISA machine)
	32MB of RAM
	60Mhz Pentium
	On Board SCSI controller
	Compaq Ethernet card

	I've asked for details about the machine in an attempt to
	determine what kind of chipset is used for the SCSI and
	ethernet.  My friend tells me the motherboard has a chip
	marked as an NCR 53c710(?).  He couldn't find anything that
	would give an indication as to what the ethernet card is.

	Problem:

	Using the latest SNAP (2.1-960606-SNAP), the install boot up fails
	to find the SCSI hard drive and the ethernet controller.  My initial
	guess is that we need to boot with '-c' and set the irq and port for
	the appropriate devices.

	But the ncr support doesn't list this as a supported chipset, and
	we don't have any idea as to what the ethernet card is.  Has anyone
	else installed FreeBSD on a similar setup?

	Thanks,
	Craig