Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 09:51:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Van Den Akker <vandena@ispchannel.com>
To:        Dusty Roy <DRoy@SmarterKids.com>
Cc:        "'freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG'" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

On Nov 21, Dusty Roy enlightened us with the following:

> I am new to FreeBSD and would like to know where to begin.  I do not know
> what I need to download to begin installing.
> Can you point me in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Dusty

The biggest thing you can do to learn FreeBSD is to look at
www.freebsd.org.  Check the FAQ's, manuals, etc.  You may also want to
look at www.mostgraveconcern.com/freebsd.

FreeBSD is not (in my opinion) the most easiest OS to learn, by reading
and subscribing to mailing lists (like this one) you will learn more about
your computer and operating systems in general than anything micro$oft
could teach you.

You're starting in the right place.  Check the above web sites and if you
still have problems, holler back.

Steve