Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 1997 13:19:22 +0900
From:      itojun@itojun.org
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   cvs pserver mode

	does any of you have trouble using pserver mode of cvs?

	I got cvs 1.19.10 on /usr/bin/cvs (got from FreeBSD-current)
	and every time I use login command, cvs bails out with "incorrect
	password" message.
	I've tried my UNIX password and cvs password (by making
	CVSROOT/password), and $CVSROOT with "localhost" and canonical
	hostname, but they do not seem to change the behavior.

>% cvs -d :pserver:itojun@localhost:/export/somewhere/cvsroot login
>(Logging in to itojun@localhost)
>CVS password:
>cvs [login aborted]: incorrect password

	inetd.conf is as follows:
>cvspserver stream tcp   nowait  root    /usr/bin/cvs    cvs -b /usr/bin pserver

	If anybody have some clue for this, please drop me a note.  Thanks!

itojun