Date:      Fri, 21 Jan 2000 23:15:04 +0100
From:      Gary Jennejohn <garyj@peedub.muc.de>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: unplugged

Christoph Kukulies writes:

>It happens occasionally that my isdn wire from the computer
>to the NTBA gets pulled (because the plastic nose of the
>plug broke off some time ago). Either when the cleaning up
>woman moves the cable inadvertently with her vacuum cleaner
>or when I stumble across the cable during the day :-)
>
>Anyway, there is no way other than rebooting my machine
>after such a condition (when I found the cause and plugged in
>the cable again).
>
>I would be happy if i4b (isdnd) would be capable of handling this
>smarter.

you can't afford a new cable ? God, I didn't realise that Universities
payed so poorly :) You can use a TP cable instead, you know. Just steal
one from some unsuspecting colleague.

anyway, AFAIK i4b should handle this situation with no problem. Seems
to me that Hellmuth fixed that quite some time ago.

---
Gary Jennejohn / garyj@muc.de garyj@fkr.cpqcorp.net gj@freebsd.org