Date:      Fri, 10 Jan 2003 08:54:56 -0600
From:      "Jay West" <jwest@imail.kwcorp.com>
To:        <www@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Broken Link on website or missing file

On the freebsd website at the ports collection page located at:
http://www.freebsd.org/ports/index.html

There are two links for the upgrade kits. The target of these two links is:
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/41upgr
ade.tgz
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-4-stable/Latest/42upgr
ade.tgz

These files do not exist at that location. I do have an older copy of these
files, but I am wondering if the upgrade kits above are tied to the specific
state of the ports collection at the time. Do the ports people need to
generate new upgrade kits for the current state of the ports collection, or
do the older files need to just be put back, or were they removed for a
reason?

Please advise...

Thanks!

Jay West