Date:      Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:04:27 -0500 (EST)
From:      John D Duncan <jddst19+@pitt.edu>
To:        Grigoriy Strokin <grg@philol.msu.ru>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re: QIC tape drive

I can't remember the exact symbol, but there
is a symbol that you can define for ft.c that
traces the whole thing. I think it's FT_TRACE.
Look at ft.c for something similar, and then
put in your config file:

options FT_TRACE

assuming FT_TRACE is right. Then you'll get a
whole slew of kernel messages relating to the
probing of the ft. That should be more helpful.

-John

John Duncan, Sophomore, University of Pittsburgh.
"Unix and C are the ultimate computer viruses"
  -Richard P. Gabriel, "Lisp: Good News, Bad News,
   How to Win Big"