Date:      Mon, 19 Nov 2001 15:51:58 -0500
From:      dochawk@psu.edu
To:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@owt.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: can't compile kernel over linux?

Kent kleared,

> Richard E. Hawkins wrote:

> > I've managed to rescue my old kernel, but changes seem to be stopping
> > me from updating:

> > ===> linux
> > cc -O -pipe -march=pentiumpro  -D_KERNEL -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -DKLD_MODULE -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I@ -I@/../include  -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -Wall -Wredundant-decls -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions -ansi -c linux_sysent.c
> > In file included from linux_sysent.c:14:
> > linux_proto.h:57: syntax error before `linux_time_t'

> > Stop in /usr/src/sys/modules/linux.
> > *** Error code 1

> > Stop in /usr/src/sys/compile/RAPTOR.

> It is a known problem. If you have a recent cvsup, the fix is covered in
>   /usr/src/UPDATING. You have to cleandir some things.

I already sent a response, then realized it won't thread properly.

I did both of the cleans suggested in UPDATING, and still had problems.
 I then rm -rf'd /usr/src/sys/compile/RAPTOR, and all went welll.

thanks

hawk

--
What part of "non-negotiable" didn't you understand? /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
dochawk@psu.edu  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700           \ /   against HTML mail