Date:      Mon, 21 Sep 1998 15:07:55 +0100
From:      Pierre.Dampure@barclayscapital.com
To:        fn@radio-do.de, freebsd-smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: Weired top display at smp current kernel from today

Frank,

Are you by any chance running an ELF version of X? I experienced pretty
weird results over the past few days with and ELF X (built as per the port
mods posted to the list): a make world running under X would basically bring
the box to a halt, massive delays when typing characters on any of the other
VTs, etc... this is on a box with 384Mb RAM, SMP w/PPro 200/512 and more
than 256Mb free / no swap used, doing nothing else than the build.

I'll be rebuilding the box tonight and verify whether this is still
happening now that we have "official" XFree86 port mods.

Best Regards,

PY