Date:      Tue, 26 May 2009 16:35:04 +0400
From:      Menshikov Konstantin <kostjn@peterhost.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Disk quota for Jail. Discussion.

Kostik Belousov wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 10:32:24AM +0400, Menshikov Konstantin wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>> Jail now have no disk quotas.
>> Users which use jail, use separate zfs or md device for jail, but it
>> from a hopelessness.
>> It is necessary to discuss possible ways of realisation.
>> I suggest to make disk quotas for jail on the basis of the user quotas.
>>
>> Introduction.
>> User UID and GID are located in inode and are always accessible.
>> No information about jail in ufs is present. All activity jail is
>> limited root path.
>>
>> The work scheme.
>> In structure prison it is added structures containing disk quotas and usage.
>> At start Jail, we calculate the size root path and number of files in
>> it, thus receiving current use of a disk.
>> In functions of allocation of disk blocks and inode, we check quotas and
>> we increase current use.
>>
> UFS cannot determine whether the new allocation goes under the jail
> root or not.

Yes. But jail cannot allocate block and inode above root path. In
allocation functions, whether for example ffs_alloc we have access to
ucred process and we can check up there is a process in jail.
>> If jail exceeds a quota, inquiry about allocation of the disk block or
>> inode it is rejected.
>> After work end jail the information on disk use is lost.
>>
>> What do you think about it?
>> There are other offers?

If jail will get access to disk devices in/dev/and will mount file
system of a problem also will not arise, I think...
Can be eat other problems which are not visible at first sight?