Date:      Tue, 21 Nov 2000 15:49:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
To:        K.J.Bosschaart@wtb.tue.nl
Cc:        "S.W.Liu" <hhh@ns.ciac.jl.cn>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vmware wrong or freebsd wrong?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karel J. Bosschaart wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 10:17:37PM +0800, S.W.Liu wrote:
> > My system is FreeBSD 4.1, I can't install vmware or vmware2 from port! but when I reinstall FreeBSD 4.0, I can install vmware, and it can run fine!
> >
> > Why?
> >
> No idea. What's the problem precisely in 4.1?

When I tried, the vmware1 build needed sys/i386/linux/linux_util.h; that
got folded out of FBSD a little while ago.

You can fix it to make it work, but it's hardly a problem since vmware2
seems to do the job just fine.

jan

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
If it's broken really badly - don't fix it either.