Date:      Tue, 21 May 1996 13:48:48 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        branson@longstreet.larc.nasa.gov (Branson Matheson)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BSD vs Linux

> > > (3)Will software for Linux run on BSD and vice versa?
> >
> > Yes and no, respectively (finally, a sequitur).

This was a serious answer (to the only serious question of the 3).

>  Humorous answers aside ;-) would it not be a good thing to put a
> comprehensive answer in the FAQ off of the web page? I think that it
> will solve lots repeated questions like " Linux vs. FreeBSD " and " I
> have blah foobar card.. will it run? ".

The answer is subjective.

Maybe we can make an interactive "pich a path aventure" using HTML
links which will recommend a system based on user priorities.  Sort
of a budgo expert system.

Don't be suprised when all of the answers come back "FreeBSD" from
the FreeBSD veriosn of the system and "Linux" on the Linux version.

>  Mabey even a more direct route?

We could always say, unconditionally, "Use FreeBSD".  At the very
least, there would be no question about where our potential bias
lies.  8-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---