Date:      Tue, 6 Aug 1996 22:28:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        jlambert@trout.inet-images.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PPP setup

On Tue, 6 Aug 1996 jlambert@trout.inet-images.com wrote:

Ack.  Run 'stty erase ^H' (that's caret-H not backspace) to fix your ^H
problem.

> I have PPP setup with in the following files.
> in resolv.conf:
> domain weschke.com
> nameserver 204.91.224.2
> both are correct
> and in host.conf
> bind
> hosts

For ppp machines that aren't connected to a network I'd reverse this order
and define your most-commonly used machines in /etc/hosts.  Saves some
time on the nameserver lookups.

> but whem I run ppp and connect.
> it looks like everything is fine, but when I type show route
> it says:

> default			204.91.224.3
> 127.0.0.1		127.0.0.1
> 204.91.224.3		204.91.224.239
>
> 204.91.224.3 is the route, but I have no idea what 204.91.224.239 is.
> Can you help me ?  It sends packets but never gets any back....

Try doing 'add 0 0 HISADDR' after you connect in ppp.  That will reset the
default route to the proper address.

204.91.224.239 is probably the other end.