Date:      Thu, 13 May 1999 13:21:35 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Chris D. Faulhaber" <jedgar@fxp.org>
Cc:        jack <jack@germanium.xtalwind.net>, Frank McConnell <fmc@reanimators.org>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is aha broken?

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.9905131053410.50020-100000@pawn.primelocation.net> "Chris D. Faulhaber" writes:
: I've tried longer longer SCSI_DELAY's, different IRQ's, DMA's, termination
: is correct (term on the board (not auto-termination), last device termed))
: to no avail.

Hmmm.  If your machine supports PnP, and the card isn't jumpered for
PnP, are you sure that you have the IRQ reserved for the legacy card?
The timeout indicates that the command went to the aha card, but
didn't get an interrupt within a reasonable amount of time.  This may
indicate an interrupt conflict.

: Is this possibly a problem (for lack of a better word) with the routine
: querying about sync when a device doesn't support it?  What devices are
: other people using that might be similiar (or possibly a lack of devices)?

Shouldn't be.  I've put a variety of devices on my cards.  Some
support sync, others do not.  The reporting code isn't always right
about things with the aha driver for faster disks.  I've not looked
deeply into this problem, so I'm not sure what the deal here is
exactly.

Warner