Date:      Wed, 18 Sep 1996 00:00:42 -0700
From:      Oliver Wilson <owilson@CAM.ORG>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   PPP connects to ISP...what next !!

I have cnfigured user PPP and am able to connect to my ISP. After ppp
has connected, I set up a default route to my ISP viz:
	add 0 0 mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm (which represents my ISP's IP address)

When I try to telnet to my ISP (from a second virtual terminal) I get the
essage "Can't find a route to mmm.mmm.mm.mmm (my ISP's IP address). I
have the following files set up:

/etc/hosts:

	127.0.0.1 		localhost		localhost
	nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn		my.server.name		my
	mmm.mmm.mmm.mmm		isp.server.name		isp

/etc/gateways

	host isp gateway my metric 1 passive

When my system comes up I can see 'routed' sunning with the -s flag.

Have I missed some important step? The anual indicated that you cn run
tenet from any other virtual terminal

Oliver Wilson

owilson@sirn.org