Date:      Mon, 18 Oct 1999 23:04:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      GWIS - Dan Roberts <ddr@gwis.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Undocumented DPT software in 3.3-R src dist won't compile

I just downloaded the src dist for 3.3-RELEASE to upgrade a 3.2 box and I
noticed a mysterious bit of candy lying around in /usr/src/usr.sbin/dpt/.
Intuitively, it appears to be a set of utilities to query and/or manage a
DPT raid controller, but I see no mention of it anywhere on the release
notes or mailing lists.

When I attempt to make binaries, I'm told that there are some header files
missing..

dpt_ctlinfo.c:43: scsi/scsi_all.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:44: scsi/scsi_message.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:45: scsi/scsiconf.h: No such file or directory
dpt_ctlinfo.c:49: sys/dpt.h: No such file or directory

dpt.h nor scsiconf.h exist anywhere on my hard drive, though scsi_all and
scsi_message appear under the cam directory.  I just installed a new DPT
controller into my machine and I would LOVE to be able to use these
programs.. Does anyone know the status of these files or where I can find
the necessary support files to get them to compile?

Thanks!

--
Dan Roberts, Systems Engineer                Voice  800.656.GWIS
GWIS Internet Solutions                      Fax    330.656.5440