Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 96 14:33:21 -0700
From:      tony@thing.sunquest.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   CTM question (2.1-stable)

I was considering moving from 2.0.5 to 2.1-stable. I am assuming this is
possible with just a 'make world' ?

[I have already subscribed to the CTM stable mailing list (ctm-src-2_1)]

I'm somewhat confused after reading the various handbook sections.

Section 16.2.3 (Starting off with CTM for the first time) states:
	Before you can start using CTM deltas, you will need to get a special
	``base'' delta that provides the starting point for all deltas
	produced subsequently to it.
	You can recognize a base delta by the ``A'' appended to the number
	(src-cur.0341A.gz for instance ....

Can someone spare a minute to outline the process to me ....

- I'm expecting that I will need to first download the entire 2.1-stable tree ??

- I'm unclear where the CTM stable deltas are located - can someone let me
  know the URL. (couldn't see anything on freefall:/pub/CTM).

- It appears I apply the last base delta, followed by all the following
  non-base deltas.
  Won't (most of) these base and non-base deltas I am downloading already be
  in the 2.1-stable tree that I downloaded ? Or am I missing something ?

Thanks in advance.

tony