Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 2008 12:18:01 +0400
From:      Eygene Ryabinkin <rea-fbsd@codelabs.ru>
To:        Kip Macy <kmacy@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Maho NAKATA <chat95@mac.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org, brooks@freebsd.org, shigeta@sci.u-hyogo.ac.jp
Subject:   Re: Infiniband status?

--o7gdRJTuwFmWapyH

Kip, good day.

Was just passing by, but found an interesting point?

Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 06:33:52AM +0000, Kip Macy wrote:
> To support IB you would need to implement the IB side
> of the OFA stack, finish user level RDMA support,  and talk one of the
> users of IB on FreeBSD (NetApp & Isilon) in to opening up the Mellanox
> driver for a recent card.

I was under impression that OFED provides drivers for Mellanox.  At
least I am using OFED 1.2 for Mellanox Arbel InfiniHost III, and I was
under impression that even ConnectX cards are supported by the 1.3.x as
well.  Particularily, the ofa_kernel component of OFED build provides
core, HW and ULPs kernel modules.

I think that OFED sources can be taken and ported (at least partially,
for example, the driver parts) to provide kernel drivers for the cards.
Am I missing something?
--=20
Eygene
 \`.|\..----...-'`   `-._.-'_.-'`   #  Remember that it is hard
 /  ' `         ,       __.--'      #  to read the on-line manual  =20
 )/' _/     \   `-_,   /            #  while single-stepping the kernel.
     _.-'_./   {_.'   ; /           #    -- FreeBSD Developers handbook=20

--o7gdRJTuwFmWapyH

--o7gdRJTuwFmWapyH--