Date:      Wed, 01 Aug 2007 01:28:08 -0500
From:      User1001 <supraexpress@globaleyes.net>
To:        freebsd-firewire@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Loss of DV camera via firewire

User1001 wrote:
> Somewhere between recent FBSD-6.2 OS & kernel updates, ports updates, HAL
> updates/installations - I have lost connectivity to a miniDV camera that I was
> able to access and download a DV stream from, back on June 29, 2007.
>
> fwcontrol shows two "nodes" when the DV camera is turned on, but "fwcontrol -R"
> fails to receive any DV data from the camera when it is in playback mode.
>
> gdvrecv is unable to "locate" the camera, whereas before it did.
>
> Reinstalls of gdvrecv and python2.4 have not made any difference. Ktrace is
> unable to show anything useful. Making changes suggested in fwcontrol MANual
> page (following) made no difference.
>
> 	sysctl hw.firewire.try_bmr=0
> 	fwcontrol -r
>
> The firewire card is the IOGEAR GUF320.

Hmmm - it appears that "it is back"?!!? Perhaps it was just a loose IEEE1394
cable? Perhaps it was just a malfunctioning camera? Maybe it was just the
sequence in which I initiated everything and then crossed my fingers? The camera
was running off of its AC adapter so it sure wasn't a problem with power. SIGH!