Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2000 00:03:40 +0800
From:      markus <markus@markus.dps.mega.net.id>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pcmcia card data base

Hello,

I'm working on getting BSD 4.0 to recognize pcmcia IBM Travelstar 8 ide HD
which has a "Shining" "PMIDE-ASC"  Rev 1.04 card.  Pccard -d returns no Shining
card in data base.  As it is an interface for a hard drive I assume it must
also have a device entry in /dev to go along with it.  Do you have any
information that could be of help in solving this?  Is it posible to add this
card to the data base and make the necessary /dev entry?  I have looked through
the system pretty closely and gone through all the docs I could find but can
find nothing on this subject.

I'm running a Dell i7k

Thanks in advance,

Markus