Date:      Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:42:31 +0300
From:      "Nickolay A. Kritsky" <nkritsky@internethelp.ru>
To:        security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   TCP connections on broadcast address - why no advisory?

  Hello, freebsd-security.

On the Bugtraq I have read report by Christ J. Clark about TCP
connections on broadcast address. It can be found on
http://online.securityfocus.com/archive/1/262733 . In this advisories
I've read following:

<quote>
I committed changes to FreeBSD 5-CURRENT on Feburary 25th (CVS
revision 1.148) and to 4-STABLE on February 28th (revision
1.107.2.21). After discussion with the FreeBSD security-officer@ team,
these changes will not be incorporated into the RELENG_4_{3,4,5}
security-fix branches nor will an advisory be released.
</quote>

Why no advisory will be released? What if I wasn't subscribed to
BUGTRAQ? How would I know about this bug? Maybe I missed something.
Sorry then.

; NKritsky
; mailto:nkritsky@internethelp.ru