Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:23:37 -0400
From:      Raoul Schroeder <memphis_ms@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   qmail does not accept e-mail

Hello and sorry to ask a probably stupid question:

I recently installed a FreeBSD 4.1 machine, never bothered with
sendmail, and installed qmail directly.
I followed the directions in /var/qmail/docs to the letter. The
mailboxes are set up in home (I wanted that anyway), aliases are
created, the alias and qmail users in passwd as well...
Now, mail delivery inside the machine works wonderfully, I can watch it
in /var/log/maillog.
I can send mails to the outside as well..
But it does not accept mail...
I also looked into the alias mailbox - nothing there.

However, I do not receive mails from the outside world. It never even
shows up in /var/log/maillog (checked)
I temporarily disabled all the tcpwrappers in hosts.allow (allowing
anything), still no success...
I don't get a failure message from the sender, either.

Any help is appreciated, I doubt I can figure that one out...