Date:      Mon, 13 Nov 2006 10:05:36 -0800
From:      Rem P Roberti <remegius@comcast.net>
To:        Joe Holden <joe@joeholden.co.uk>
Cc:        josh.carroll@psualum.com, FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Shutting down as user

Joe Holden wrote:
> Rem P Roberti wrote:
>
>> I'm using the KDE window manager, but don't see how this would effect
>> anything, as I am not able to shut down as user from the console.
>
> This is the intended behaviour, you wouldn't want just anyone to
> shutdown your machines would you? ;)

That is very true, and I understand why this is by design, but in this
case the ONLY user of the machine is me.  It really is no big deal, but
I am trying to understand just what is going on here.  As I said, on my
desktop I am able to shut down as user, and can't remember how I set it
up so that occurs.  Back to the handbook!

Rem