Date:      Wed, 16 Jul 2008 16:13:49 -0400
From:      "Mike Ragusa" <mragusa@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ipfw and dynamic rulesets

I am using fwknop 1.9.5 and freebsd 7-stable with ipfw compiled into the
kernel. I am currently unable to get  ipfw to update the dynamic rulesets
after i knock on the firewall and open up the ssh port.

My ruleset is as follows

ipfw add 010 allow from any to any via lo0
ipfw add 200 check-state
ipfw add 203 allow all from any to any out keep-state setup

00010 allow ip from any to any via lo0
00200 check-state
00203 allow ip from any to any out setup keep-state
65535 deny ip from any to any

fwknop uses rule 201 to add to the firewall and adds the rule
00201 allow tcp from 156.132.40.212 to any dst-port 22 keep-state

when i run ipfw list or ipfw show, i see my ruleset but i do not see the
dynamic rules which causes the connection to die once the fwknopd reaches
its 30 second time out because nothing has been added to the state
table/dynamic ruleset.

Suggestions are welcome :)

Thank You,
Mike