Date:      Mon, 3 Apr 2000 19:11:53 -0600
From:      Chris Wasser <cwasser@v-wave.com>
To:        Pete Fritchman <petef@binary.databits.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: icmp-response bandwidth limit question

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 08:32:27PM -0400, Pete Fritchman wrote:
> > icmp-response bandwidth limit 734/200 pps
> > icmp-response bandwidth limit 729/200 pps

734 packets/sec of maximum 200 packets/sec.
729 packets/sec of maximum 200 packets/sec.

(That's how I read it anyways)

I seem to recall you could change this value somewhere but I've since
forgotten where.

> I find it odd because all ICMP is dropped before reaching this particular
> server.
> Yes, I know that's a bad thing and we don't have to start a thread on it.

I have a similar setup as well (without getting into specifics) and I've
noticed I don't get the bandlim warnings anymore [4.0-STABLE]