Date:      Mon, 20 Mar 2006 18:46:27 -0800
From:      Oliver Iberien <oliver-forward@charter.net>
To:        Micah <micahjon@ywave.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: openoffice package install fails on gamin dependency - KDE needs fam

Thanks very much. I just upgraded to KDE 3.5, which took about two days of=
=20
compiling, while in complete ignorance of this issue. It now relies on fam.=
=20
So it looks like fam for me.

I am going to go ahead with compiling. Your method sounds reasonable but my=
=20
scant knowledge of FreeBSD makes me want to be as conservative as possible.

I have amended make.conf with a WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=3Dfam line and put a line i=
n=20
pkgtools.conf=20

MAKE_ARGS =3D {
        '*' =3D> 'WITH_FAM_SYSTEM=3Dfam',
        'editors/openoffice.org-*' =3D> '-DWITHOUT_MOZILLA LOCALIZED_LANG=
=3Den-US'

Make clean in the openoffice.org-2.0 ports folder currently yields
=3D=3D=3D>  Cleaning for fam-2.6.9_6

So hopefully after this monster compiles, I will get no gamin-related error=
=20
messages. Hopefully?

Oliver