Date:      Tue, 6 Mar 2001 11:39:45 -0000
From:      "Andy [TECC NOPS]" <andy@tecc.co.uk>
To:        "Jean-Christophe Varaillon" <jcv@vbc.net>
Cc:        "Alfred Perlstein" <bright@wintelcom.net>, <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: - TFTP: Time out -

> TFTP Methode:
> ---

<snip>

Dunno about the tftp operation, could be a number of things.
Try looking in /var/log/messages for ftpd[xx] error messages.

> FTP Methode:
> ---
> Router#copy ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin flash:
> Destination filename [c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin]?
> Accessing ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin...
> %Error opening ftp://x.x.x.48/tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin
> (Protocol error)
> Router#
> ---

here, you are missing the username:passwd combination. If you have
a local account on the box, say "jean" then try copying the bin
flash image to your local account:-

freebsd$ cp /tftpboot/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin ~jean/

Then, on the cisco do :-

router> copy ftp://jean:xxxx@x.x.x.48/c3640-i-mz.120-7.XK1.bin flash:

where you put your local account passwd after ftp://jean:

Regards
Andy