Date:      Fri, 20 Mar 2009 09:12:36 +0100
From:      Roman Divacky <rdivacky@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Robert Noland <rnoland@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-x11 <freebsd-x11@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: [PREVIEW] Nouveau on FreeBSD

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

> You will need:
>=20
> 1. A very recent -CURRENT or -STABLE
> 	(I plan to MFC the needed bits to -STABLE when I'm done with this mail)
>=20
> 2. This patch.
>=20
> 3. If you are on amd64, you will need libdrm from git and maybe even if
> you aren't.  2.4.5 should be ok for i386, but in either case you will
> need to add --enable-nouveau-experimental-api to libdrm's configure.
=20
I need git libdrm on i386

> 4. The nouveau driver.  xf86-video-nouveau should be ok, if you have
> that running now, or convince it to build... otherwise get that from git
> as well.  It's a moving target and fixes go in pretty regularly, so if
> you are having issues, it's a place to start.
=20
note that my IGP was broken and needs a patch thats only available in git
ddx driver

> I'm not exactly ready for bug reports... This is a preview, if it works,
> thats awesome.  If it doesn't set Option "NoAccel" in your xorg.conf or
> switch back to nv or the blob for the time being...  That isn't to say
> that I'm not interested in hearing that it works or not, just that this
> isn't production code.
>=20
> The only issue that I'm seeing currently is some artifacts on my mouse
> pointer.  I don't think this is related to drm though, I think it is a
> ddx issue.  Otherwise it seems to be working quite well.  Oh, I have
> generally been able to vt switch without issues, restarts not so good...

I am also seeing 100% CPU usage from  X.org when playing video via XV.
this is being investigated. so far I got this ktrace of the xorg server

	http://www.vlakno.cz/~rdivacky/ktrace.out                                 =
                                       =20

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q

--Q68bSM7Ycu6FN28Q--