Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 10:26:26 -0800
From:      Chris Knight <fbsd-stb@ghostwheel.com>
To:        Shawn Workman <sworkman@nidlink.com>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: IDE Cdrom problems

At 09:19 PM 2/3/99 -0800, Shawn Workman wrote:
>so it must have been an oversight in 2.2.8S that did not give an error
>message?

My 2.2.8-STABLE system gives an error when I try to mount /cdrom without a
CD loaded.

>I know I cannot mount an empty drive, but when I forget that the drive
>is empty on my 2.2.8S box it never tells me this..

Something is weird with your system, perhaps an off-brand CDROM drive that
gives funny results?

2.2.8-STABLE gives an error.  Here are my results:

My system:
FreeBSD rebma.ghostwheel.com 2.2.8-STABLE FreeBSD 2.2.8-STABLE #0: Sun Jan
17 16:08:07 PST 1999
root@rebma.ghostwheel.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/ACCTON  i386

The error:
rebma# mount /cdrom