Date:      Wed, 28 Jul 1999 10:44:38 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Craig W. Shaver" <craig@ProGroup.COM>
To:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        craig@cod.progroup.com (Craig W. Shaver)
Subject:   Re: Dual Processor Motherboards

Hi,

All this talk about dual cpu's, celery chips, etc., has gotten me
off my butt.  I had planned on buying one of these in a little while,
but with the talk about how Intel may change the internals of the
Celery to prohibit dual cpu use, I decided to go ahead and buy the
system parts and build it.  I will report back so interested parties can
see what my experience was.

There were some excellent suggestions from one fellow on where he bought
his set up.  I did some research and decided to go with a little hole
in the wall outfit at http://www.advanceddesignky.com/ .  This is
Advanced Design of Kentucky (Hillbilly PC's R us :).  They had decent
pricing and specialized in overclocking and performance issues.  So
rather than make an educated guess and hope for the best, I asked this
fellow what he recommended.  He puts the cpus on the motherboard and
tests before shipping.  So I ended up with a system based on the ABIT
BP6 and 2 Celery 366a's overclocked to 550mhz.  If it doesn't hold up
I can drop the bus rate back until it does.

I should have it up and running in a week or so.  I will report back
to this list if anyone is interested in my experience.  Any suggestions
on benchmarks to run?

Thanks for the input from everyone,

--
Craig Shaver, Productivity Group
POB 60458 Sunnyvale, CA  94088 (650)390-0654