Date:      Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:25:30 -0800
From:      Sam Nilsson <lists@servingpeace.com>
To:        Vizion <vizion@vizion.occoxmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: portupgrade query

Vizion wrote:
> How do I get out of the following loop!!!!!
> :
> I run
> # pkgdb -f
> Then try
> # portupgrade -a
> and get
> Stale dependency ......... manuall run 'pkgdb -F to fix or specify -O to force
> I run
> # pkgdb -O
> then run
> # portupgrade -a
> and get
> Stale dependencies ......manually run 'pkgdb -F' to fix or specify -O to force
> NOTE
> the references are to
> p5-Text-Diff-0.35 (textproc/p5-Text-Diff)
> etc
> p5-PathTools [ver] [port]
> p5- [App] [ver] [port]
> thanks in advance

pkgdb -f != pkgdb -F

Case sensitivity is what you are missing judging by your written
description.

i recommend that you 'man pkgdb' and read the description of each option
to get a better idea of what you are doing when you run the command.
When you do that i think you will find that pkgdb doesn't take a "-O"
argument, but that is a different issue than your "-f" troubles.

Peace,
- Sam