Date:      Wed, 26 Jun 1996 12:56:55 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Frame relay and ATM support: virtual interface per vpi?

I guess I am confused to what scope this VC and address is to be associated.
I assumed this was talking about IP over FR/ATM.

It does not make any sense that another local native ATM application to need
to do a VC/address lookup. As I understand things (hidden disclaimer) that
it was up to the application to manage interleaving of messages down a
particular VC, so we would not arbitrarilly place information from different
appications down a VC. In a simular thread, is there a generic way to access
native ATM services like the IP inetd?

--mark.