Date:      Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:49:18 -0400
From:      Sergey Babkin <babkin@bellatlantic.net>
To:        Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
Cc:        freebsd-arch@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: some PRs

Max Laier wrote:

> On Monday 19 July 2004 16:13, M. Warner Losh wrote:

> The question to me is, do we really want to support (read fertilize) such a
> stupid thing? Given the chance that once we do support it people will use it.
> In my opinion it is bad to integrate something into base that we agree is
> nothing one should ever have created (at least that's my reading of the
> thread so far). I see no user-pessure for this.

I'm about a week behind :-) but here are my 2 cents: it's a VERY useful
device for testing. Not checking the error code of write(), printf()
and such is a typical bug, so making it easy to detect by switching
the output to /dev/full (or creating a symlink to it) is a very
good idea. Like this:

  yourprogram >/dev/full \
     && echo "The program does not check for success of write()"

-SB